Thursday, November 8, 2007

Holi

Hands smeared with colour

I stood long at your doorstep

To colour your countenance

With a bit of myself


At last you appeared in the doorway

Wearing a worried look

Many unknown hands reached you

Before I could raise mine


A purple face you raised

To look at me through untouched eyes

I found your cheek and neck

And brushed your tender bosom.


A warmth spread through my being

And flowed through outstretched hands

My colour on your face and body

Said more than I ever had.

7 comments:

Georg said...

Hallo Vinod,

If you feel like it, let's have more of your poems. Especially those made not so long ago.

For the moment, all your poems are "in free floating rhythm", I mean they do not rhyme. I regret this.
To make rhymes that makes sens is difficult and difficulties add beauty. Try it.

I have found an English blog, run by Clare. Have a look and read
"My Old Man", you have to scroll down a bit. Amazing.

http://hunterisasleep.blogspot.com/

Meanwhile
Cheers
Georg

Anonymous said...

I love this one. It conveys so much.

L. Venkata Subramaniam said...

Thinking of Holi in November? Kya baat hey? Kuch Khas?

Vinod_Sharma said...

This is a very old poem...

Indyeah said...

Vinod Sir!Poems too?:)How creative and beautiful!Please do post more sir!:)

Vinod_Sharma said...

Abhilasha, thank you...

Femin Susan said...

I like your poem - it has shape in the way you presented it. I also have a poem blog.
http://www.poems-of-nature.blogspot.com/